Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Hoopla!!

When I lived in Ogden it became a holiday tradition to do a performance, and by performance I mean lip sync, to a popular Michael McLean song. Even though that tradition ceased once my roommates and I moved from the house on 40th street, when the holidays come to an end I still "cry the day that I take the tree down." I haven't taken it down yet, but this weekend is the time the holiday cheer will be packed up and put away until another Christmas season is upon us. We had a memorable first Christmas as a married couple and look forward to many more.

Our festivities began with the annual Saunders' Christmas party on the 23rd. Part of the night's activities always includes listening to the story of the Polar Express. This year we took it one step further and trekked up to the Heber Valley Railroad and rode the Polar Express. I had high expectations since I love this story, but honestly for the money they could have done a better job. And as a co-worker of mine pointed out, "It wasn't done by Disney, Robyn!" And she is right. It was a good time but not something I would do every year. Matt and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day just the two of us. We exchanged gifts from each other and Santa and Matt made a wonderful dinner. I love having a husband that loves to cook.

We decided to take advantage of all the snow and went up to Logan the weekend after Christmas for some snowmobiling and sledding with my sister and her family. This was Matt's first time on a snowmobile and I think he enjoyed himself a lot.


For New Year's Eve we had dinner at Log Haven with our friends, Charity and Sultan. We got home just in time to count down to 2009 with Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark. All in all, a great holiday season.

3 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Aren't traditions great? That's what really makes the holidays holidays. Well, that and the fact that it's printed on all the calendars.

We took the Heber Valley Railroad when Thomas the Tank Engine came to town. It basically sucked for the money, too, but the kids loved it. I think I was kind of expecting it to do loop de loops like a rollercoaster or shoot off to the moon or something.

Kristin Sokol said...

I really miss your little performances. I always always think of you when I take my tree down.

I am planning a wedding very similar to yours right now (not mine). I need to talk to you.

Bonnie said...

Wowsers! Your tree is super beautiful! You should keep it up all year long!