Sunday, July 19, 2009

Birthday #33

There is a lot of pressure on Matt to make my birthday special. I start counting down to the darn thing 3 months in advance because I love having a birthday so much. I don't care that I am getting older, I just focus on the good part. Cake, ice cream, an excuse to not work out all week (because I need at least a week to celebrate) and fun surprises. All things I love!

I had just purchased this fun cake pan from Williams-Sonoma and my birthday was the perfect occasion to try it out. Or in this case, Matt was the first to try it out since the honored guest should never have to make their own cake. I think he did a wonderful job.


And what do you get the girl who has had 14 speeding tickets throughout her young driving career? A chance to go really, really fast. By pulling a few strings I was able to do some "hot laps" at Miller Motorsports. Matt was so excited about his gift to me he has been trying to give it to be for over a month. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive the car, but going 115 mph in a mustang even as a passenger was pretty sweet.
Though I don't care about getting older each year, and sure don't feel it, I did get a small reminder that I am not as young as I once was. After speeding around the racetrack a few times I did start to feel sick. Thankfully nothing came up, but maybe next year I will just have a party.

2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Take you some Bonine next time. It will help with the motion sickness. Happy Birthday, you deserve it. Kudos to Matt for the kick awesome cake.

Kristin Sokol said...

By the way...you on solo on the bike,...that was hot.