Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bleeding Red

Even though I am a graduate of the University of Utah, I didn't start attending football games regularly (or probably ever) until I met Matt. I've always preferred baseball to football. The warm weather, the atmosphere of a ballpark, the hotdogs, and singing "Take me out to the Ballgame" always suited me much better. I am still a huge baseball fan, but have found a little room in my heart for some football as well. Matt loves football and so being married to him means that I love football. Since Matt is a student we have been able to take advantage of the cheaper MUSS season tickets and attend just about every home game during the past 2 seasons. It's become a fun thing for us to do as a couple and now I look forward to bringing our future children to games. And yes, thanks to the Oregon game I now understand what happens in a 2-point conversion.

Part of the reason for my dislike of football is games in the cold. I hate being cold when I know that I could be in the warm confines of my own house watching the game on tv. So it was with some hesitation that I bundled up, snow pants and all, to attend the TCU game with Matt last Thursday. The game was a blackout game, which means everyone, including the players were wearing black. Matt even bought me a new black beanie and matching scarfs to keep us warm.

Thanks to all my preparation, and the hot cocoa we managed to sneak in, I was quite cozy. And to top it off, the Utes beat TCU to remain undefeated...10-0!

2 comments:

Alison said...

You guys are adorable. Hopefully I'll actually get to meet Matt soon!

Kristin Sokol said...

Seriously...Darling. I love you. Can I have your autograph. GLad you are so happy. You deserve it. Relish it, enjoy it.