Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our "Incredible" Halloween


You know a man loves you when he will don a spandex suit and leave all pride at the door simply because you asked him to. Such was the case of our Halloween costumes this year. I got the idea last year when after only a few months of dating I found Mr. and Mrs. Incredible costumes at 1/3 of the original cost. Matt and I had already been discussing the idea of marriage, but not wanting to get our family and friends too excited we were keeping it all on the down low. So I had good reason to take a chance and buy the costumes a full year in advance to when they would be used. As you can see we made quite the superhero team. And nothing says "take me seriously" like wearing a big pair of granny panties on the outside of your outfit. Thanks Matt, you are the best!

I dressed up for work and won "Best Costume" in my office. The prize you ask??...a gift certificate to Maggie Moo's.  And since ice cream is topped only by water and air when it comes to things I need to survive, I was quite happy with the win. Halloween night we attended a party with some of my fellow dance teachers. All in all we had a fun holiday. Matt is already thinking of ideas for our costumes next year. It may turn out okay but part of me can't help but think he is plotting some kind of revenge for the fun I put him through this year.

8 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

What...?I always though granny pannies on men were dead sexy! By the way you look hot in those boots!

Morgans said...

That is totally cute, and I gotta give it to you for getting him to wear that outfit. I don't know if Mj would have gone for it.
I am glad you are doing well. Love ya lots!!
Sherilyn & Mj

Alison said...

You guys look great! I love the granny panties.

Chris and Tiffiney said...

Wow! I was expecting more when I heard that Disney made them. I honestly don't know what would be more embarrassing; the tight fit uniform or the loose granny panties. Regardless great job on getting Matt to wear it in the end…
-Chris

Gary and Renee said...

Very cool! Yes, Matt must really love you. I can guarantee Gary wouldn't wear a spandex costume. But he was willing to wear a mullet wig, I'm not sure what that means!

Care said...

Charish these Newly Wed moments. Maybe you will be lucky and Matt will always be a good sport, but in a few years enough might just be enough. Men are funny that way. Cute pictures!

Daisie said...

What a great sport Matt is! You guys look great! Have Fun at Maggie Moo's!!!

Carolyn~ said...

Matt! What the #*@%?! What happened to you? Well, I guess its not that big of a stretch from bike spandex. You guys really do look amazing, as always! We changed our blog to www.luckytohavebeenwhereihavebeen.blogspot.com